Job Title: Credit Analyst – FINCA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: FINCA Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
FINCA Uganda Profile:
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) was the first licensed micro-finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and part of a global network which serves over 1,000,000 clients in 22 countries. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
The Credit Analyst is a member of the Credit Department and is responsible for credit underwriting and credit administration roles under the Central Underwriting Unit. He/She is responsible for accurate analysis of loan proposal and credit authorisation or recommendation, in compliance with FINCA Uganda’s policies and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reviewing, validating and polishing of loan proposals in consultation with the branch team, as assigned by the Credit Administration Manager.
- Presenting loan proposals to the Credit Administration Manager, ensuring that they are appropriately assessed and compliant to FINCA Uganda’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the loan decisions and recommendations are appropriate in terms of loan amount, structuring, eligibility criteria in respect to FINCA Uganda exclusion list, completeness and accuracy of personal business, security and financial information.
- Doing pre-approval check listing of the loan proposals to confirm completeness and compliance to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Evaluating clients’ credit data, financial statements and savings records in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them.
- Evaluating the financial status of prospective borrowers by preparing and providing appropriate comments as to the significance of to the outcomes of financial analysis and ratios, using standard financials templates available.
- Preparing detailed write-up for loan proposals to the Credit Administration Manager, Management Credit Committee or the Board Credit Committee depending on the approval limit.
- Undertaking risk analysis and exercise proper judgement in the face of the assessed risk, before authorizing or proposing loan proposals, always ensuring to safeguard FINCA from credit risk.
- Responsible for quality of credit underwriting and overall loan portfolio quality for branches allocated.
- Ensuring fast Turn-Around Time for loan decisions logged to the Central Underwriting Unit, and along the whole loan process continuum, end-to-end for the branches allocated.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, and Business Administration, Statistics or any other business related course.
- 3 year’s work experience as a Credit Supervisor or 2 years as a Branch Manager within Banking or Microfinance Industry.
- Any professional qualification and / or an MBA is an added advantage.
- Excellent at Employee Engagement.
- Result Orientated.
- Good at collaboration.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- High level of numeracy, analytical and statistical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Good multitasking capabilities and being a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of FINCA Uganda business and the general local financial market.
- Good business acumen, knowledge of the market and ability to align work with strategic goals.
- Must have Integrity, ability to inspire the trust of others.
How To Apply for FINCA Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug