Job Title: Internal Control Officer – FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: FINCA Uganda
Duty Station: Head Office
Reports to: Internal Controls Manager
FINCA Uganda Profile:
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Microfinance Holding Company LLC (FMH) and part of a network of 20 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low–income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda – one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. FINCA Uganda is looking for dynamic persons to join our team of professionals to help better serve our clients.
The Fraud Prevention and Forensics Officer is responsible reviewing internal processes and recommending controls to strengthen risk management for FINCA Uganda business.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Reviewing and investigating internal processes
2. Recommending additional controls or oversight to mitigate risk.
3. Maintaining accurate and detailed fraud case files.
4. Analysing records of previous fraud cases to inform program controls.
5. Assisting the Internal controls Manager with compiling reports and undertaking internal investigations, as required.
6. Planning and undertaking investigations into allegations of fraud and corruption of varying nature and complexity
7. Complying with legislative requirements governing the conduct of investigations
8. Complying with Bank policies and procedures
9. Assisting in the identification of control weaknesses and implementing solutions and controls for future improvements.
10. Identifying and utilizing appropriate investigative techniques and technologies to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
11. Conducting/witnessing interviews and take statements in accordance with current legislation.
12. Maintaining to a high standard record of each investigation, and produce appropriate, timely reports to the Internal Controls Manager.
13. Preparing drafts and finalizing special investigation reports within reasonable time period.
14. Ensuring that all fraud & forgery case files and documents are maintained, updated, protected in a secured manner.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
1. Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and mentoring skills.
2. Excellent report writing skills
3. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
4. Able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks & deadlines.
5. Good ability in planning and management.
6. Good Judgment and decision-making.
7. Ability to work under minimum supervision with a proactive approach.
8. Good problem-solving skills.
9. Possession of demonstrative leadership skills.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other business-related field. Professional certification in Fraud and Forensics is an added advantage
• 3 years’ experience in Internal Controls activities such as Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Audit in a Micro Finance or regulated Financial Institution
How To Apply for FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.