Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Administrator – Finance Trust Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Finance Trust Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Networks & Infrastructure
Finance Trust Bank Profile:
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged Commercial Bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches country wide. The Bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
This role is responsible for the proper monitoring and maintenance of FTB computer systems, hardware and communications infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proper maintenance of user workstations and peripheral infrastructure, their upgrades, capacity planning and updating of the IT assets register regularly.
- Provide technical specifications for user workstations and configure all new workstations.
- Effectively track movement of hardware using equipment movement forms.
- Evaluate user hardware needs and provide support to users on peripherals, printer configuration, management, and disk space optimization.
- Monitor servers and workstations for viruses, and keep server and client anti-virus signatures current.
- Regular checkups and ensuring that only recommended computer hardware is connected to UPS power system.
- Monitors incident details, including the configuration items affected to protect computers systems from unwarranted configuration changes.
- Implementing the ICT policies in respect to base configuration and maintenance requirements.
- Install and configure new hardware, software releases, system upgrades; evaluate and install patches.
- Ensures access to online services; links between servers and desktops, phones and printers.
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware and peripheral devices.
- Monitor and report on the performance of hardware equipment and operating systems, track any performance deviations and provide recommendations for the redress of any difficulties.
- Provide onsite, deskside or remote support to bank ICT users and customers
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field.
- At least three years working experience in a busy ICT environment.
- Professional certifications such as CompTIA A+, ITIL, HPE, CCNA, MCP are added advantage.
- Broad understanding of computer systems, operating systems and open-source solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve ICT incidents observing SLAs
- Ability to work independently at any location in an IT support capacity.
- Good analytical, diagnostic, communication, reporting skills and a ‘Yes I Can’ attitude.
- Must be able to have flexibility in work schedule to include evenings, public-holidays and weekends as needed to troubleshoot issues, perform upgrades and to be part of an on-call support team
- Good People management skills and ability to work with third party contractors.
How To Apply for Finance Trust Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it, as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to [email protected]. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note: As per Bank procedures, No job offers are made online.
Deadline: 31st March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug