Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Accountant – Finance Trust Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Finance Trust Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Finance Manager
Finance Trust Bank Uganda Profile:
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 28,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches country wide. The bank offers a variety of products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
In order to meet the needs of its growing customer base, the company is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-motivated, result oriented professionals to fill the following position;
As an accountant, you will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and ensuring proper management of the bank wide general ledger in line with the Bank’s guidelines and best accounting practices.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Prepare reconciliations of all bank accounts & timely follow up of un-reconciling items.
2. Preparation of monthly amortizations and accruals
3. Management of GPA – Credit Life Insurance
4. Stock Management
5. Reconciliation of prepayments, Staff advances & Other Assets
6. Daily monitoring and review of Cash GLS
7. Monitor & Review Transit & Suspense Accounts
8. Revenue Assurance for other incomes
9. Train Branch Accountants on reconciliation procedures
10. Provide support to the internal and external audit team concerning your area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration with major in Accounting
• Part professional qualifications like ACCA, CPA will be an added advantage
• Atleast (3) years experience in a similar position in a busy profit oriented Organisation.
• Knowledge of accounting principles.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe P. O. Box 6972, Kampala – Uganda, and email it, as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to [email protected] The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note: As per Bank procedures, No job offers are made online.
Closing Date: 19th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.