Finance Graduate Trainee – Food for the Hungry Uganda
November 25, 2022
Job Title: Finance Graduate Trainee
Organization: Food for the Hungry, Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
The Finance Graduate Trainee position is an opportunity for Coaching, Learning and preparing for filling up vacant positions that may arise in line with justifiable organizational needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure ALL old finance documents are arranged and scanned for Archiving before destruction.
- Maintain the Kampala Office Petty Cash ensuring payments are made on approved requisitions.
- Support in preparation of monthly Petty Cash and Program Advance journals for Kampala support office transactions.
- Timely preparation of payment requisitions, ensuring all deductions have been well calculated and before payments are made.
- Ensuring that all invoicing information in the Odoo system is well captured before forwarding to the RFOs for posting.
- Review Petty Cash transactions and ensure that they are properly coded.
- Review and Track Prepaid Fuel Account.
- Ensures that all cash receipts are deposited to the Bank within 24hrs of receipt.
- Monthly reconciliation of the WHT and the Accruals balances ensuring they are up to date.
- Filing Withholding Tax Returns.
- Manage the retrieving of all information (hard copies) to ensure clean audit and program statutory audits, internal organizational audits and donor driven audits.
- Support the timely review and organizing of staff accountabilities
- Ensure there is Proper Records Management especially filing of all FHU finance documents at all times and proper finance stores management.
- Maintain a payment tracker for time taken for a payment to be processed.
- Act as the finance focal point in liaison with other departments to ensure that relevant supplies, equipment and information required for Finance operations is in time.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Regional Finance Officers
- Ensure there is compliance with FHU finance policies and procedures
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance and accounting or related discipline from a recognized university or institution.
- Excellent computer skills in MS word, excel, PowerPoint, Access and Internet.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ , understands and applies FH Foundational Principles and Vision and Mission
Interested candidates should submit their applications online by clearly stating the position applied for in the subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 8th December 2022.
Closing Date: Thursday 1st December 2022 at 4:30 pm.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.