Finance Assistant – Aquantuo LLC
November 11, 2022
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organization: Aquantuo LLC
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure daily updates of QuickBooks with transactions from all sources i: e bank accounts etc.
- Track all accounts payable, Account’s receivables and reconcile payments made in; Cellulant, Bank, Mobile Money Deposits – Checks, cash etc.
- Follow up on concierge purchase requests made within the week follow up on them to ensure cancellations or processing issues occur.
- Create customer invoices in a timely manner for prompt payment of fees due, where needed.
- Create receipts for delivered items or payments.
- Review periodically to ensure that all payments received via third party payment processors are what are being deposited into our accounts.
- Review the company’s monthly payroll and prepare monthly payroll statutory deductions such as NSSF and PAYE for payment within statutory deadlines.
- Key contact on all local laws and regulations for tax and compliance purposes.
- Preparing quarterly VAT and PAYE returns and submitting these within statutory deadlines.
- Work with all third-party payment processors to resolve payment issues in a prompt manner and create an internal ticket to track until resolved.
- Overall month end closure activities, including various reconciliations to ensure that financial reports are submitted to the group within 8 working days of the month’s end.
- Ensure all utility payments, leases, loans, insurance policies are paid on time to avoid penalties.
- Preparation of annual/monthly budget and assess expenditure to determine where opportunities may exist for cost saving.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commerce or its equivalent
- Must have CPA/ACCA qualification.
- 1 year working experience in accounting software, especially QuickBooks/ Excel.
- Strong financial management skills.
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with good moral character
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, other supporting documents, and 3 referees mentioning the position applied for in the subject line to the email address below:
Closing date: November 30th, 2022.
Subscribe To Get Daily Job Updates
- No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
- Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.