Job Title: Finance Assistant – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: FHI 360 Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 Uganda Profile:
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today’s diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Performs accounting and financial duties for a department or unit. Works with various sources of funding which may include sponsored research, and federal restricted funds, grants and contracts. Performs audit function to assure accuracy and compliance with internal and external regulations. Selects and applies established procedures appropriately. Updates supervisor on status of projects as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and monitors monthly expenditures for projects by analyzing financial data and providing monthly reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as a principal source of information on fiscal policies and procedures including federal funding rules and advises management on existing options or alternatives to make appropriate business decisions.
- Establishes and manages accounting record keeping systems and procedures for tracking and reporting.
- Assists with reviewing invoices and preparation of annual project proposals for renewal.
- Works with project leaders to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and project budgets.
- Communicates with management and project leaders regarding proposal development and monitoring of budgets to ensure projects adhere to budget constraints and meet completion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), budgeting and fiscal control theories and practices.
- Working knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated spreadsheet and database software skills.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work well with others and verify and analyze financial data, identify errors and prepare reports.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis of data and evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives instructions on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager or Associate Director.
Qualifications for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Typically requires 3+ years of accounting or finance experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
How To Apply for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Closing Date: 15th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.