Job Title: Digital Innovations Officer – Farm Radio International Jobs 2022
Organization: Farm Radio International (FRI)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Farm Radio International (FRI) Profile:
Farm Radio International (FRI) is a Canadian non-profit organization at the forefront of ICT-enabled extension and communication for scale. FRI’s interactive rural radio approach addresses the information, communication and extension needs of millions of women and men small-scale farmers, rural entrepreneurs and citizens. FRI’s core expertise is participatory, collaborative, results-based program development combining radio and mobile phones, other ICTs and face-to-face interaction. FRI has developed a series of interactive radio-based approaches tailored to achieve different outcomes: awareness, knowledge; market linkages; application and adoption of good agriculture and health practices; and changes in attitude and behaviour. FRI is executing projects in thirteen countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Malawi (with Farm Radio Trust), Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania and Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute Digital Innovation (DI) responsibilities for all impact projects in country (80%)
- Provide systems administration and IT infrastructure services in the office (20%)
Execute DI responsibilities for all projects
- Under the supervision of the Digital Innovation Delivery Team Lead and the Country Programs Manager/Head of Programs, ensure that the agreed Digital Innovation services are delivered effectively and to the highest standards within FRI impact projects.
- Service planning and delivery
- Collaborate with the Programs and Radio Craft (RC) teams to ensure that all interactive components of projects are planned, implemented, monitored and evaluated
- Plan, deliver and evaluate DI services to projects using agreed tools and processes, e.g. the Uliza Calculator and the Project Uliza Plan (PUP)
- Install and configure DI platforms to be used in projects
- Record and edit content on DI interactive platforms
- Assist the knowledge management team in conducting surveys, evaluations and/or studies to measure the outcomes and impacts of IP’s
- Stations support and capacity building
- Monitor the use of DI Services by partner radio stations who use DI tools
- Support the setup and training of Community Listening Groups (CLGs) to use DI tools
- Train broadcasters on how to administer DI tools and platforms
- Provide distance coaching to stations involved in FRI impact projects
- Support the Broadcast Resources department in technical and subscription activities
- Write ICT assessment and in station training reports
- DI delivery budgets and invoicing
- Monitor system usage under impact projects
- Working with project teams and Finance, ensure that service usage stays within budget and that usage data is available for regular invoicing
- Insights and improvements
- Give inputs on how to improve upon and develop new features for existing DI Delivery tools including Uliza polls, Uliza live a.k.a. Voxbox and Uliza Log.
- Share lessons learned and insights from DI activities in country for continuous improvements of FRI interactive platforms
- Contributions to the DI Team
- Contribute to DI standardized policy and operation
- Contribute to FRI DI forum tech platforms
- Contribute to annual work plans and budgeting activities
Provide systems administration and IT infrastructure services to the country office
- Under the supervision of the Country Manager/Representative, Finance Department and in collaboration with DI Team Lead, ensure and manage the overall technology infrastructure for the local office including planning, implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations.
- Equipment and Software
- Install and configure peripherals including scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support
- Assure that all software on FRI equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses
- Networking and Security
- Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
- In case of virus infection clean out affected equipment.
- Users and Routine Administrative Tasks
- Ensure computer is set up prior to new hire start date and any related moves.
- Handle the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
- Train new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Work directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance
- Assist the Finance and Admin Officer to create and maintain inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items.Qualifications & Competencies
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree or diploma in Information Technology or a related field or the equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- At least two years’ experience in managing complex communication-for-development or ICTs-for-development initiatives
- Good organization skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective written and oral communication in English with ability to produce reports and present solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of program development and implementation, including project cycles and results-based management
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Ability to work and cooperate well with people
- Knowledge in audio editing and mastering
- Experience in the field of networking and computer maintenance
- Willingness to travel regularly within the country
How To Apply for Farm Radio International Jobs 2022
All candidates are encouraged to submit their applications with an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]o.org
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.