Job Title: Paid Traineeship for Young Graduates – EU Jobs in Uganda 2022
Organization: European Union (EU)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
European Union (EU) Profile:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade,
development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy. The EU Delegation to Uganda is supporting Uganda’s priority needs which include the need to foster sustainable development by sound governance and macro-economic policies, improved connectivity of national and regional transport infrastructure and strengthening of agriculture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyse information;
- Contribute to the drafting of analytical reports and briefings on cooperation matters
- Support to the preparation of events organised by the Delegation;
- Participate in external meetings and events and report about them.
- At least a Bachelor Diploma (or equivalent) in the field of political science, social science, economics, communications or any other area relevant to EU cooperation in Uganda;
- Very good command of spoken and written English;
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and able to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Able to demonstrate strong sense of initiative, research, writing and analytical skills;
- Skilled in using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven interest for international relations, development cooperation and/or socio-economic development.
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
- Completed or ongoing master studies in international relations or related field;
- Experience in the areas of private sector development, culture, tourism, youth, skilling and jobs;
- Knowledge of Uganda’s institutional system and context;
- Experience in working in a team and in coordinating inputs from various colleagues.
NB: Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Uganda will only be considered
How To Apply for EU Jobs in Uganda 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-UGANDA-[email protected] (link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) Click Here (CVs in other format will not be considered) a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
and an application form Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Cooperation Section.
Important information to read before applying
- Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
- Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
- Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
- EU candidates currently residing in Uganda must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
- The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment.
- The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.