Organization: EnviroServ Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
EnviroServ Uganda Ltd Profile:
EnviroServ Uganda Ltd. offers cost-effective solutions to complex hazardous and non-hazardous waste and chemical pollution problems. We raise the standards in environmental stewardship and provide peace of mind.
We are recruiting to fill four vacant positions of Fleet Officers at Nyamasoga Waste Management Facility, Hoima District. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates. Refer to the EnviroServ website Welcome to EnviroServ – Waste Management Experts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Logistics Manager the incumbent will be responsible for;
- Maximising the efficient utilisation of the fleet.
- Maximising customer service by liaison with clients, suppliers and other departments.
- Maintaining a well-disciplined motivated workforce within the relevant department
- Compliance with operational and legal requirements with, regard to SHEQ
- Ensure all staff has correct PPE and suitable equipment to, perform their task
- Ensure drivers are correctly briefed and movements are planned to obtain maximum efficiency
- Ensure drivers are correctly debriefed after the day’s work has been completed.
- Complete clock-card on a daily basis and verify hours worked.
- Conduct regular route audits and inspections at the landfill, and all customer sites.
- Monitor employees’ key performance areas and take relevant actions
- Participate in accident and incident investigations and disciplinarians as and when required.
- Ensure SHEQ & IR policies are adhered to according to the agreed criteria Ensure that Bin and equipment area are kept in a good and neat condition
- Ensure that damaged bins are reported to the Workshop
- Ensure efficient dispatching of vehicles.
- Ensure service levels meet customers’ expectations.
- Maintain regular communication with the Project Manager, regarding opportunities, carry over’s and problems.
- Conducting regular employee, fleet and bin audits.
- Ensure correct allocation of staff and fleet to product lines for cost allocation purposes.
- Spot check vehicles for compliance.
- Monitor absenteeism, take appropriate action and organize replacement staff.
- Be aware of new and existing transport regulations and policies
- Monitor costs associated with designated product lines.
- The applicant must hold a College Diploma or Qualification in Transport/Logistics
- Four to five years of fleet supervision experience
- Previous experience in a similar work environment will be an added advantage
- Conveyance of Dangerous Goods knowledge is essential
- Regulatory requirements
- Relevant systems in the area of expertise
- Advanced MS Office
- Knowledge of hazardous waste management services protocols will be an added advantage
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Decision making and Initiating Action
- Planning and Organising
- Communication (written and verbal following Instructions and Procedures)
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Leading and supervising
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
How To Apply for EnviroServ Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and motivational letter to email: [email protected]
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.