Job Title: Digital Product Manager – ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ENGIE Energy Access Uganda
Job Location: Any EEA 9 African Market
Reports to: Head of Digital Product
ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Profile:
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Engie Energy Access Nigeria is seeking a talented and motivated Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team. This position is a key role within the Digital Product Team and the successful candidate will own the long-term roadmap of the internal/backend team. The Product Manager will collaborate closely with other Product Managers, Design, Engineering and QA, and other business functions to bring the roadmap to life.
The product manager will be required to drive key strategic initiatives focused on improving efficiency and quality across multiple company verticals, in collaboration with different functions within the global and country teams. Using data driven insights to make recommendations and validate projects to be implemented, as well as drive project rollout at scale.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with key business stakeholders to identify key opportunities for digital to positively impact our customers and the business.
- Communicate the product vision and the voice of the customer to your engineering team, promote engagement and excitement for the product.
- Bethe voice of the customer (internal and external) within the business by researching, gathering, and evaluating user requirements, ensuring that insights generated influence business objectives and product road map.
- Draw insights from experiments, data exploration, user feedback, and market research to inform project prioritization and feature design. Prioritise ruthlessly, don’t be afraid of saying no, champion progress over perfection.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the product, collaborating with users, design, development team, and other stakeholders to navigate from product conception to go live.
- Create user stories and detailed specs, working closely with the development team and cross-functional teams to ensure that product/features delivered are within scope and meet business expectations and timelines set.
- Be the voice of the engineering team for the business stakeholders; communicate any issues and changes to the scope or schedule of your product.
- Prepare and facilitate the key conversations and meetings that promotes stakeholder engagement and ensures project progress.
- Ensure comprehension and competence of the team with new tools; take feedback critically and iterate for an exceptional user experience.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and launching software or data products
- Demonstrated ability to learn new product areas quickly and successfully drive product expansion into new geographies and demographies.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain complex back-end systems at scale and a proven intuition for designing robust tools and processes that can adapt quickly and grow.
- Good working knowledge of the human-centered design approach and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail even when working under pressure
- Education and/or work experience in Africa
- French is a plus
- MySQL database familiarity
- An understanding of Human Centred Design and working UX / UI experience
- Experience using issue tracking software, e.g. JIRA
How To Apply for ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 28th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.