Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Accounts Assistant – Enabel Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
For the several projects implemented in Uganda in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education and Sports Enabel is seeking to fill several open positions of Account Assistants in Kampala, Fort Portal, and Arua project offices. In addition, Enabel also seeks to establish a recruitment reserve for Account Assistants to be incorporated in its operational teams in one of the projects in Uganda.
Roles and responsibilities:
• You carry out the booking of project transactions in order to ensure reality, reliability and accuracy of financial information;
• You ensure a correct balance and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities;
• You follow up and prepare VAT – Withholding tax files and VAT reimbursements;
• You prepare payment logs in order to pay the right amount to the right provider on a timely manner;
• You prepare and follow up payment vouchers (providers, payroll…), initiate payment processes (e-banking, cheques, mobile money.);
• You ensure that the fair treatment of providers and staff members and adequate communication to them in order to inform them about changes, procedures in place and adhoc replies to their questions.
Follow the link to get the full job details: http://gofile.me/6QZru/SMDvCrqoU
Required qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and Accounting or other;
• A Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in administration, finance, and accounting;
• A professional experience with the Government of Uganda at central or local level, a reputable NGO an international development organisation is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.);
• You are passionate about managing figures and you are rigorous;
• You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach;
• You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
• You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity;
• You are flexible and can work in a changing environment;
• You have good knowledge of standard ICT applications (Excel, Word, database accounting programs);
Interested applicants should submit their hard copy applications including a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts to:
The Human Resource Officer
Enabel in Uganda
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.O. Box 40131
Closing Date: 2nd July 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.