Job Title: Executive Chef – Emperor Hotels Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Emperor Hotels Ltd
Job Location: Naalya, Kampala, Uganda
Emperor Hotels Ltd Profile:
The Emperor Hotel is an Oasis of cool and green with a secure environment ideally located in the heart of Naalya offering a standard class of serene hospitality ranging from Accommodation, dinning, swimming, steam and sauna.
Emperor Hotel is seeking a full-time commendable Executive – Chef who will support the hotel in its kitchen department management. He/ she will work closely with the hotel manager and the director and will render and efficient and effective operation of the Hotel kitchen. He/ She will ensure compliance with the Emperor hotel Policies and Procedures, guidelines and rules. He/She will be reporting to the hotel manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and enhancement of the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products and menu concepts.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Ensure that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest’s expectations. Participate in long range planning.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of subordinate chefs and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Develop and implement guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Establish goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicate the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Manage the daily food production including planning, costing, and recipe compliance and food quality.
- Plan and schedule training of the junior staff on various skills and values in the kitchen department.
- Demonstrate exemplary character, leadership skills by communicating clearly, professionally and effectively.
- Create a positive team environment and set a superior standard for the provision of a high quality dining experience
- Ensure meal and event presentations are consistent, prompt and appetizing
- Plan & manage inventory flow of all food items necessary to prepare meals according to the current menu
- Effectively, dynamically and professionally lead a kitchen staff by inspiring their confidence and motivating them to consistently Perform their duties according to the highest standards
- Support the dining team in a professional manner, providing an environment for employees where they consistently feel valued and respected
- Under the supervision of the Manager advises on a yearly budget for approval, documents and reports monthly on spending for the meals operations.
- The applicant must hold a Culinary degree with three to four (3-4) years demonstrated work experience as an Executive Chef.
- Holds a current Food Safety managers card in accordance with state law.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with menu planning, preparing budgets and purchasing
- Experience supervising and training workers or volunteers assigned to the kitchen and serving line.
- Knowledgeable in current food trends
- Strong work ethic and integrity and gust oriented mindset.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a professional, approachable demeanor while working in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to identify and quickly overcome challenges during the day-today operation
- Able to guide and mentor assigned team members to ensure team cohesion is created and maintained
- Ability to track inventories on food, equipment, and other kitchen supplies to maintain an efficient operation while maintaining cost effectiveness.
How To Apply for Emperor Hotels Uganda Jobs 2022
Please send your CV and Cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
The Emperor Hotels Ltd,
Plot 1863/5 P.O Box 10737 Naalya. Kampala. Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.