Job Title: 2 Migration Assistants – Embassy of Sweden Uganda Jobs
Organization: Embassy of Sweden Kampala.
Embassy of Sweden Uganda Jobs: The Embassy is looking for one to two (1-2) assistants for our Migration section who can start working from the beginning of February 2018. The posts are temporary (one or two years) full-time positions with the possibility of extension, and begin with a six-month probationary period.
The Embassy of Sweden in Kampala has a broad mandate to promote Swedish-Ugandan relations through political dialogue, development cooperation, trade and investment, cultural exchange and through service to Swedish and foreign citizens with issues related to Swedish authorities. The Embassy also provides assistance to Swedish citizens in the event of a consular crisis.
- Receive and register applications in the migration reception
- Conduct oral interviews in residence and work permit matters
- Take biometrics (photo and fingerprints) of applicants
- Answer questions and provide service in the migration front desk, as well as by e-mail and telephone
- The Embassy is looking for someone with a relevant training and a good command of written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of Tigrinya is an added advantage.
- Experience within migration or any other work with individuals in vulnerable situations is desirable.
- Good computer skills are a requirement.
- The person we seek must be responsible, alert and have a good power of initiative, be able to work well with others and have a positive, service-oriented manner.
How to apply
Please send your application, including a short cover letter and resume, by email to [email protected] no later than 3 December 2017.
Please indicate the reference UM2017/41001/KAMP in your application.
Questions regarding the positions can be answered by Elina Anderson, Tel: 0417 700 800.