Job Title: Assistant Election Officer (Electrician) – Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala
Electoral Commission Profile:
The Electoral Commission of Uganda, also Uganda Electoral Commission, is a constitutionally established organ of the Government of Uganda, whose mandate is to “organise and conduct regular, free and fair elections” in the country, in an efficient, professional and impartial manner.
To conduct routine maintenance, fault-finding, and diagnostics on existing electrical systems and installing new electrical systems to the required standards while upholding safety guidelines and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing and repairing electrical problems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring;
- Assessing the electrical parts and appliances needed for a job and initiating their procurement process;
- Conducting routine maintenance and testing electrical systems, and ensuring installations are to manufacturer standards, including fire alarms and security systems;
- Re-wiring faulty electrical systems such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms;
- Ensuring good quality electrical workmanship which complies with building standards and follows safety requirements;
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
A Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution plus a valid practicing certificate from Electricity Regulatory Agency (ERA).
Minimum Working Experience
Three (3) years relevant working experience in performing duties related to electrical works in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Desired skills and competencies
In addition to the above qualifications and experience for the post, the following qualities are required:
- Ability to design, install, test and commission electrical systems and appliances such as CCTV networks, alarms, generators, solar systems, ACs;
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, diagnostics, safety precautions;
- High level of personal initiative and responsibility.
How To Apply for Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or to the nearest Regional Election Office or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 16th July, 2021.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678
Deadline: 16th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.