Job Title: Grants & Report Writing Specialist – Educate Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: East Africa based (Currently remote)
At Educate!, we are redefining the concept of post-primary education. Today, we operate in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya designing and delivering solutions that equip young people with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities.
In this role, you will have a chance to work closely with the East African teams who implement our programs on the ground, and develop compelling content and materials to showcase our impact to key stakeholders. You’ll join a motivated, passionate, overachieving international team that is positioning Educate! to be the leader in skills-based secondary education in Africa and intensively impact one million youth each year by 2024.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Grant Reports & Proposals
You’ll work with our fundraising team to ensure that Educate! meets and exceeds our obligations to current donors by producing high-quality grant reports that keep our stakeholders informed on Educate!’s progress and mission. In addition, you will work collaboratively to develop comprehensive, engaging and tailor-made proposals to submit to prospective and current funders.
- Write and project manage high-quality grant reports, collaborating with other team members as needed.
- Write and project manage high-quality grant proposals that are customized to address the key focus areas and requirements of prospective and current donors.
- Research and identify potential sources of foundation and corporate funding.
- Edit and peer review other colleagues projects
You’ll work with our External Relations team to ensure that all grant project requirements, deadlines and schedules are on track. You’ll contribute to the development of Educate!, its processes and its projects that keep our stakeholders informed and connected to Educate!’s progress and mission.
- Plan and organize the completion of high-quality grant reports and proposals with other team members, while ensuring these projects are on time and within scope
- Work closely with in-country teams to maintain effective project communication plans for gathering information needed for reporting and donor materials
- Support the team in streamlining systems and processes to make grant reporting and information sourcing more efficient
This is well-suited for those with 3-5 years of work experience. The ideal candidate will be:
- Excellent organization and time management skills; experience working with a remote team to successfully manage multiple projects with competing timelines
- High degree of proficiency working in a fast-paced, flexible, goal-oriented environment, with the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- A self-starter, able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently to a deadline
- Able to produce engaging and credible content writing and an understanding of how to adapt for different audiences and purposes
- The ability to review, summarise and present a high volume of information quickly and accurately with advanced structuring, writing and editing skills
And we’re also requiring for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree (related area not necessary)
- Native-level proficiency in spoken and written English
- Minimum commitment of one (1) year, with a preference for those willing to stay longer
- You should be a fit for and be excited by our Five Cultural Tenets. These active values are core to the way we work at Educate!, from hiring to performance management and promotions for everyone from our front line mentors in the field to our Board members, and they inform how we make decisions on everything from highest level strategy to where we go for lunch—We encourage you to learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- The preferred location for this full-time role is our Kampala office, but we’re open to candidates who would want to be based in other East African offices. All nationalities are welcomed to apply
- Benefits & perks include a generous vacation policy and health insurance
How To Apply for Educate Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.