Job Title: 10 Early Grade Reading Assessment Assessors – EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Jinja, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
ICYD will recruit 10 EGRA Assessors that will be responsible for collecting data for the baseline assessment in the Lusoga language zone. Assessors will undergo a training to equip them for the data collection exercise. They will be responsible for the standardized administration of the EGRA tools and survey instruments and will organize the assessment materials, ensure their security, and submit the materials to ICYD at the end of field work. The Assessors will follow the directions set out by the ICYD M&E Team. They will receive oversight from the assigned Supervisors, Data Quality Assurance Officer and the ICYD M&E Team.
The Assessors will be contracted for a maximum period of 21 working days (February – March 2022). All honoraria and expenses will be paid by ICYD.
** Please note that this is a local temporary position. Eligibility is limited to Ugandan nationals**
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administer the EGRA instrument to pupils objectively and in a technically correct and friendly manner;
- Interview the P2 teacher of reading. The assessor may be assigned by the supervisor to interview the P2 teacher in a one-on-one session;
- Behave and dress professionally;
- Check to ensure that all assessment have been stored on the tablets;
- Take very good care of the tablet assigned to you. Never leave the tablet unattended nor allow children to touch/play with the device. Aim to minimize distraction by sitting in a way that doesn’t allow the child to see the screen and ensure that your screen movements/taps are discreet;
- Ensure that the information in all completed EGRA instruments is clear, complete, and consistent, and give completed EGRA instruments and signed consent forms to your supervisor;
- Inform the supervisor of any problems or difficulties encountered during EGRA administration and help identify appropriate solutions;
- Follow the supervisor’s instructions according to the training received.
- At a minimum, a diploma is required.
- Previous experience as an EGRA Assessor preferred.
- Experience conducting assessments with children in a nonthreatening manner. As the instrument is oral and individually administered, the quality and accuracy of the data depend largely on the ability of the enumerator to encourage and calm the learners to ensure they perform to the best of their abilities. False-negative results from learners who can perform well but who are nervous or fearful can be minimized with the right approach.
- Previous experience using electronic data collection software.
- Fluency in English and Lusoga required.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.