Job Title: Logistics Assistant – EDC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC) Uganda
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) Uganda Profile:
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
The Logistics Assistant at the Zonal Office will be responsible for full logistical support for his or her zonal office. S/he will support activities related to provision and distribution of Teaching and Learning Materials (TLMs), the effective and efficient management of trainings and workshops and will be the focal person for the management of assets, vehicle fleet, consumable supplies, and zonal office infrastructure maintenance and repair. The Logistics Assistant will report to the Senior Zone Manager. This is a full-time position based in Hoima, Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Direct program support
- Coordinates with the headquarters and zonal office team in the efficient distribution and delivery of Teaching and Learning Materials (TLMs) and other inputs to schools and communities and other system recipients;
- Provides logistics for training, including large scale training and workshops;
- Manages logistics arrangements for high level and routine project activities, including transport, hotel bookings, conference and workshop facilities.
- Assures maintenance and repair of all zonal office infrastructure including the following:
- Electrical installations including office and expatriate staff generators;
- Plumbing and water installations including water reservoirs and water pump;
- Exterior compound; and building walls, floors, ceilings, roof, windows.
- Establishes and updates list of preferred vendors: electricians, plumbers, carpenters, masons, mechanics, groundskeepers and other craftspeople;
- Supported by the Senior Zone Manager, supervises security guards, cleaners and any other personnel involved in the upkeep and security of zonal office infrastructure and assets;
- Ensures that the zonal office is organized so as to increase efficiency, give the best appearance and to enhance the working environment of staff.
Driver and vehicle management Supported by the Senior Zone Manager, establishes and implements systems and procedures for the management of:
- Driver and vehicle schedules;
- Vehicle rental;
- Vehicle logbooks;
- Maintenance and repairs of vehicles;
- Vehicle inspections;
- Monthly vehicle usage reports;
- Up to date vehicle registration and insurance;
- Complete and up to date vehicle files at all times;
- Security and safety of vehicles and passengers.
Fixed assets management
- Assures maintenance and repair of all fixed assets;
- Ensures system is in place for tracking all fixed assets;
- Organizes and oversees at least annual physical inventory of all fixed assets;
- Updates fixed assets database as and when changes take place;
- Issues fixed assets reports on at least semi-annual basis or upon request;
- Issues fixed assets to custodians;
- Maintains the disposition and damaged inventory list;
- Arranges for disposal of assets when necessary following USAID regulations.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- The ideal candidate for the Education Development Center (EDC) Logistics Assistant job must have completed secondary education and 2 to 3 years of experience in Logistics required. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in a relevant field preferred.
- At least two years’ successful experience in a similar position;
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with staff at all levels in the organization
- Experience working with USAID and PEPFAR funded projects will be an advantage;
- Must be proactive, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
- Must be able to work within a cross-cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2020
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY including 3 work-related referees online via the link below:
Deadline: 8th January 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.