Job title: Supply Chain Assistant-Fleet Management – DRC Uganda Jobs
Reporting to: Team Leader-Supply Chain
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Supply Chain Assistant-Fleet Management’s main objective is to provide efficient and effective Fleet Management/Stores Management under DRC procedures.
- To ensure that all Logistics procedures, practice, and documentation meet standards set in the DRC Operations Handbook, and in accordance with donor requirements, to bring transparency and accountability to the Logistics process.
- Ensuring that all documentation related to fleet procedures meets organizational and donor guidelines
- To ensure that fleet documentation is completed, organized, and filed in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook
- Day-to-day management of the fleet assigned to area of operation.
- Collate transport requests and prepare/monitor daily scheduling of fleet.
- Complete and update daily/weekly vehicle movement and service board and ensure vehicles are tracked.
- Coordinate Movements of staff through Kiss contacts
- Review vehicle log sheets on a weekly basis.
- Manage the Genet i.e. running, fuel and maintenance
- Ensure drivers conduct weekly/daily vehicle checks
- Proper filing of all fleet documents i.e. drivers docs, maintenance records, fuel reconciliation, insurance docs, log sheets and log books etc., monthly reports
- Ensure planned preventative maintenance is carried out to a high standard with minimum disruption to programme activities.
- Ensure all drivers are briefed on and adhere to DRC vehicle management policies and procedures.
- Ensure rental vehicles are fit for purpose and that hired drivers have an acceptable level of skills and are briefed on DRC policies and code of conduct.
- Collate and analyze all fleet data and forward to Logistics Assistant.
- Maintain and update all required records and paperwork for vehicles and drivers.
- Timely payment processing of fleet maintenance, Fuel by the 10th of the following Month.
- Submit timely fleet reports by the 3rd of the following month to the Logistics Assistant.
- Cover for the drivers when away.
Experience and technical competencies:
- With at least 1-years work experience in the relevant field, INGO or other agencies experience in Logistics management.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
- Ability to travel regularly within the region and beyond for up to 4 weeks at a time sometimes in conflict areas and physically difficult conditions.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Supply chain/Logistics Management.
- Diploma Level preferable from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Excellent communication skills in English required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form using the link below:
Click here to start your application.
Applications close on 2nd September 2019.