Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of MEAL components of ECHO Consortium projects, including the development and refinement of indicators and MEAL plan.
- In close collaboration with the Consortium MEAL Coordinator and the program team, develop sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams. The position will ensure the timeliness and quality of data collection, and ensure all captured data is managed according to sector information management standards and best practices.
- In collaboration with the Consortium MEAL Coordinator, lead field-level assessments, including baseline, mid-term, end-line and post-distribution monitoring surveys. Produce monthly analysis reports with updates on the implementation status of all assigned projects. This will entail flagging areas of concern, developing recommendations for corrective actions to share with the Area Manager, implementing teams and Consortium MEAL Officer, and documenting lessons learned.
- In collaboration with the Consortium MEAL Coordinator, facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
- Under the guidance of the Consortium MEAL Coordinator conduct internal project audits with an eye to ensuring means of verification are documented and reflect data reported by the implementing teams.
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for DRC’s program staff in Nakivale field office and assume responsibility for facilitating trainings on beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of and compliance with DRC Uganda Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism, and all associated tools and SOPs, in the Nakivale field office.
- Provide support in preparing and reviewing reports and verifying consistency between collected data, means of verification and donor reports.
- Ensure proper collection of data and indicators follow-up on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Set up an archiving system for sources of verification and work with program teams to ensure these are available and filed
- Support the expansion of mobile data collection approaches and platforms among the field Office staff.
- Monitor and analyze consortium information and database and evaluate performance to discover ways of enhancing it
- Ensure proper documentation of all MEAL processes and outcomes (including ensuring outcome monitoring is conducted to ensure change in practices and behaviors are measured overtime
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant should hold a university degree in statistics, economics, IT or related discipline. A Post Graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
- Demonstrated experience translating log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection such as Kobo collect, ODK etc
- Fluency in English and local language especially Kiswahili a plus
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit their applications and resumes online via the link below:
Deadline: 13th January,2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.