Job Title: Protection Officer (Distribution) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Rhino Camp and IMVEPI
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Oversee projects under her/his responsibilities, and ensure that NFI’s are distributed in accessible and accountable manner for DRC PoCs and according to the commitment with donors.
- Responsible to use and monitor the budget at his / her disposal according to the work plans, in compliance with DRC procedures and contracts with donors
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly distribution report in accordance with reporting requirements.
- Define the daily, weekly, monthly work plan, organize the workload of his / her team and supervise all staff working under his / her responsibilities in CRI/NFI distribution.
- Participate in CRI working group, monitor and support the coordination of services and assistance in the settlements.
- Work in close collaboration with relevant settlement stakeholders, OPM, refugee leaders, particularly to ensure community support and collaboration in the provision of emergency relief to new arrivals, refugees and/or particular individual cases
Coordination and representation
- Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders, Local Government and other stakeholders on distribution thematic areas at the field level in close liaison with the Protection Team Leader.
- Representation of DRC and active participation in the local distribution working groups and any other meeting as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, community services gap analysis, advocacy.
- Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Staff development and management
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Distribution Volunteers within the operational area.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct field – mentoring – through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Support management team
- Follow up all DRC / DDG Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs i.e. post distribution monitoring exercises
- A University degree in social sciences, Economics, BBA, BCOM or relevant fields.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken by South Sudanese and Congolese refugee is an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and protection and NFI distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in distribution and protection interventions in line with Refugees operation with PSN assistance.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates including 3 professional referees and their contacts online via the link below:
Apply Here Now:
Deadline: 4th December 2020.