Job title: Human Resource and Administration Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2019
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda
Reporting to: Support Services Team Leader or HR & Administration team leader
Technical line manager: HR & Administration Manager
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda profile
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced
DRC Uganda Jobs 2019: He/she will support HR Admin Team leader in the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information in compliance with administrative procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in adherence to national acts and legislation
- Drafting Casual Labor Contracts e.g. programme staff/location.
- Assist in updating personal staff files
- Leave planning to follow up on leave plan and leave request
- Follow up that signed timesheets are sent to HR before the deadline.
- Ensure to add new staff details and location on the Staff Contact list upon request from the HR Dept. CO
- Making requisition, receiving and releasing office stationery, beverages and cleaning materials
- Submitting weekly/monthly report on the use of office material.
- Support the HR Officer in the recruitment process
- Ensure required documents from the recruitment are sent to HR Department Coordination Office
- Ensure that vacancy adverts are announced in time and according to the Recruitment Authorization
- Distribute information about open vacancies to all staff and announce on local notice board in a timely manner.
- Updating Guest Accommodation space and sharing
- Responsible to coordinate all the Guest House request with logistics
- Takes lead to review Guest House Utensils and makes a requisition
- Monthly meeting and bi-weekly inspection of Guest House
- Collaborate with HR Admin TL in organizing Seminars, meetings and other events at the location.
- Coordinate accommodation in Guest House and/or hotel.
- Assist in enquiries from visitors
- Assist with taking minutes of the events if required.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least one-year work experience in the field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skill)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- Intermediate level training in HR
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Alur, Lugbara, Luo, Madi and other local languages are widely spoken in the West Nile region is an advantage
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Click Here To Start Application
Deadline: 25th September. 2019