Job Title: Transaction Monitoring Analyst – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head – Financial Crime Management
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Head – Financial Crime Management, the role is responsible for monitoring, detecting, and preventing losses resulting from high risk and fraudulent monetary and non-monetary transactions through timely review and closure of alerts.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyze bank accounts, financial transactions, and other financial documents to identify, stop and report any potentially fraudulent activity.
- Detect and prevent potential fraud across all payment channels in the Bank by reviewing alerts on customers’ accounts, observing customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, theft and similar other risks.
- Identify fraud patterns through active monitoring and interpretation of all the alerts on the Bank’s fraud detection and monitoring tools including Swift Payments Control etc. and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to mitigate fraud.
- Interact with internal and external parties where necessary to validate transaction information as and when required.
- Contribute to the creation of fraud rules on the Bank’s fraud detection tools periodically by providing analytical data to support decisions.
- Continuously improve information flow to mitigate fraud by facilitating periodic calls with Visa Risk Manager (VRM) team and other stakeholders.
- Timely escalation of alerts that require HFCM/CRO as flagged by Fraud Detection Systems like AML Tool and swift.
- Timely resolution of queued transactions within the service level agreement to reduce potential revenue losses.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports detailing the number of monthly suspected fraudulent cases and its financial exposures to the Bank, the number of confirmed frauds cases and the fraud saves accomplished.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related discipline.
- Certification in Fraud Examination is added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Banking operations.
- Knowledge of banking, products, risks, and processes such that advice is as informed, appropriate, and relevant to business needs.
- Sufficient knowledge of the local laws, regulatory expectations, and internal policy requirements as they relate to financial crime risk.
- Good interviewing skills to enlist required information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to collect, analyze and evaluate information and the preparation of written concise reports of work performed plus recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possession of flexibility and ability to adapt appropriately to changing requirements and situations.
- High level of maturity, confidentiality, and objectivity.
- Excellent communications and engagement skills.
- Strong attention to detail and personal effectiveness.
- High-level of integrity and standards.
- Self-drive and initiative.
- Unafraid to take responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively with local contemporaries and peers in other clusters and regions to maintain a collaborative culture.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Friday 10th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.