Job Title: Banking Officer (Trade Finance Documentation) – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager (Trade Finance and Financial Market Operations)
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Manager- Trade Finance and Financial Market Operations, the role holder will be charged with the role of processing and drafting of Bids and Guarantees documents and preparation of release of these instruments.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate processing and preparation of bids and guarantees, from approval of credit application and attachments like Bid Data Sheets as per the approved service levels agreements.
- Compile and maintain MIS reports daily and share with the business on the status of files for Bids and Guarantees in the unit.
- Performance of due diligence-check i.e., KYC prior to documentation and advise the business as the documents are sent through the bids and guarantee documents.
- Compliance / adherence to the set process flows and procedures while highlighting any areas that require improvements.
- Obtain acknowledgements of bids and guarantees issued out on a daily basis.
- Support the unit Manager during the investigation and querying of the items outstanding on the Guarantees accounts (Cash and non-cash covered).
- Submit daily reports to the unit Manager on the status of the day’s activities to avoid any surprises.
- Receive and resolve customer queries that relate to bids and guarantees within the agreed timelines and the mutual satisfaction of all parties.
- Escalation though incident of any process gaps that result into potential or actual loss to the Senior Banking Officer Treasury Operations.
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity in line with the AML/CFT, KYC programs in and the bank policies / regulatory framework.
- A University Bachelor of Laws Degree.
- At least 2 years banking experience.
- A sound knowledge of the principles and practice of banking.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles governing Banking & Corporate Law, Land Law, Mortgages and Leasing, among others.
- Underwriting standards and good working knowledge of Trade operations.
- The ability to engage with all the key stake holders in and out of the organisation.
- Effective communication, good interpersonal and research skills.
- Self-motivation, result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions as and when required.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Customer oriented (Internal and external.)
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work within a team-oriented environment.
- Able to work under very demanding deadlines or timelines.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 12th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.