Job Title: Data Analyst – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Data Analytics
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Head of Data Analytics, the role holder will be responsible for designing and developing of analytical dashboards and reports as well as advanced analytical models using latest technologies, statistical and machine learning techniques to support business strategy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of data analytics platforms that include data analytics pipelines, data warehouse/ data lake and data consumption tools for building dashboards, reports, and models.
- Build automated dashboards and reports to monitor and track business metrics to improve efficiency and encourage self-service.
- Design, build, integrate, and sustain advanced analytical models using statistical and machine learning techniques that include supervised and unsupervised techniques.
- Proactively identify data issues and anomalies and raise these to the data governance and data quality teams for remediation to ensure accuracy of insights, reports, analyses, and models.
- Pay attention to all the bank’s system development and acquisition projects to provide guidance on the most efficient data structures to be adopted and/or acquired.
- Ensure adherence to the data governance framework, policies, and procedures.
- Keep up to date with the latest technical developments within analytics and making sure that changes to the industry best practice are adopted.
- Ensure that insights, analytics, and models adhere to the defined and agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
- Coach and develop colleagues to ensure that they are well equipped to mine value from analytics and to support business strategy.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, or related field.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar field.
- Proficiency with analytical tools like R/Python and familiarity with SQL. Knowledge of other programming languages is an added advantage.
- Proficiency with data visualisation tools preferably Power BI.
- Solid Knowledge of Machine leaning and Statistical modelling techniques.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Great communication skills – in person, in writing, in code; to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A critical thinker with attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle pressure and work under minimum supervision.
- High organizational and negotiation skills.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below:
Closing Date: 28th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.