Job Title: Business Systems Support Specialist – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager (Applications and Channels)
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Manager- Applications and Channels, the Business Systems Support Specialist is responsible for providing oversight on the day-to-day technical activities on back-office processing systems (non-channel) used by internal customers to facilitate internal processing through conducting regular service review engagements with vendors, documentation for all projects and change implementation related to business systems across the products and channel partners while adhering to bank policies and SLA standards.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise the Application administrators supporting the bank’s back -office (non-channel) Applications.
- Escalation point for all internal Applications (back-office systems) on performance challenges.
- Participate in the IT projects change implementation & operations programs in accordance with the banks policies and standards; UAT testing, deployment activities into the production environment, post implementation reviews, operations and disaster planning and recovery.
- Monitoring and Performance Reporting on the Bank’s Business support applications.
- Coordinating regular field/technical service review engagements with service providers (including external third-party vendors and internal L3 support) – per established review framework (e.g., performance reviews, audits etc).
- Supporting L2 incident response, problem resolution and continuous improvement of the business technology service delivery.
- Document, advise and lead Service lifecycle management (SLM) activities for the bank ecosystem including software maintenance routines, license renewals and upgrades.
- Support the audit management process including audit issue resolution, and closure.
- Identify and report any exceptions that present unnecessary cost, risk, or degradation of customer experience to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assess all the configuration management (change configuration/release management) processes.
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank Business Systems Support Specialist job must hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or other numerical biased field from a reputable university.
- Certification in database management, digital finance practices, instant payments, and technology governance (ITIL etc.) are preferred.
- Three years of technical experience supporting bank IT applications and back-office applications in medium to large organizations.
- Practical hands-on Banking Applications Support skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and fellow staff members.
- Knowledge of practical application of business concepts & administration procedures.
- Advanced hands-on systems Computing skills.
- Analytical Thinking & Complex Problem solving.
- Curious, engaging, detail oriented and organized.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communications and independent judgement skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Inspire Commitment –Actions and behaviors are consistent with words.
- Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization. Drives own personal development plan.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.