Job Title: Bancassurance Officer – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Officer – Bancassurance
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Principal Officer- Bancassurance, the role is responsible for growing the insurance business with focus on the Life insurance segment in close engagement with Principal Officer Bancassurance, the Branch Sales Team, Relationship Managers and the Insurance Operations team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for Bancassurance product sales through lead generation, prospecting, sales conversion, cross selling and retention of existing insurance sales.
- Monitor the Life Insurance portfolio, to manage attrition and receivables, documentation, and policy anniversaries.
- Equip Bank staff with insurance knowldge through training, incentive campaigns, customer joint visits and presentations, to grow bancassurance sales portfolio.
- Offer guidance to the policyholders, claimants, beneficiaries, complainants in complying with the requirements for settlement of claims by the Insurer.
- Work with insurance partners to develop and track sales and incentive programs to drive sales behavior.
- Ensures compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and Regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- University Degree from a recognised university.
- A Certificate in Insurance.
- An Award in Bancassurance will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years experience in life insurance sales.
- Non-Life insurance sales experience will be an added advantage.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong networking and relationship skills.
- Demonstrate confidence and a good sales acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A go-getter who is proactive.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to meet tight deadlines.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Friday 10th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.