Job Title: 2 Business Analysts – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager – Management Reporting
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Manager- Management Reporting, the Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the business in appropriate and timely decision making through the execution of appropriate mechanisms to deliver consistent financial planning; forecasting, analysis, and timely management reporting.
The role holder will also liaise with the business on a day-to-day basis through the provision of guidance on financial reporting issues.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Interpreting, explaining, reporting on, and supporting performance drives within the businesses in line with the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Manage the business performance reporting of the assigned function to support delivery of financial targets.
- Analyze and provide monthly detailed analysis of actual achievements against targets both at individual (branch managers/relationship managers) and segment levels.
- Support the business in the preparation of dashboards and reports for business units, Channels, Products, Scenario Analysis, transfer pricing, etc. including profitability analysis.
- Provide regular industry analysis as well as ad hoc analysis and insights on specific areas of business by conducting market research.
- Support the bank-wide budgeting and forecasting processes through collation of information, consolidation of budgets and challenging the business on key assumptions.
- Maintain constant dialogue with supported domains to ensure maximum benefit from management and business intelligence reports.
- Carry out Revenue Assurance for the assigned function on a monthly basis to ensure income leakage is mitigated.
- Focus on NFI through close monitoring of activity fees vs customer numbers / transaction volumes to ensure all non-interest income is correctly captured and charged.
- Review business cases for financial feasibility, including new products, new channels, other CAPEX investments and cost reduction initiatives.
- Undertake post-investment reviews to assess the realization of expected benefits and unlocking of value.
- Perform financial feasibility analysis and post-campaign review for business campaigns to drive value for money.
- The ideal applicant for the DFCU Bank Business Analyst job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Accounting or Finance.
- Partly qualified in accounting profession with a recognized institute (ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Financial modelling certification is an added advantage.
- Business Intelligence certification is an added advantage.
- Three years’ experience in similar field.
- Industry knowledge – of the financial services sector.
- Intermediate knowledge of IFRS & GAAP.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Power Bi, Tableau, etc.
- Fluency in spoken & written English.
- Good computer literacy with excellent use of MS Office.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Proactive self-starter able to work under own initiative.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Candor (transparency).
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below:
Closing Date: 18th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.