Job Title: Lending Officer (Data Approver) – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager – Lending Operations
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Manager- Lending Operations, the Lending Officer- Data Approver will be responsible for timely and accurate authentication of customers credit information that has been captured in the system in accordance with the laid down procedures as a contribution to data integrity.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Disburse credit facilities from the documentation team in line with approved terms and conditions and as per the bank’s laid down procedures.
- Check for compliance with the regulatory bodies (BOU, Funders, FIA guidelines, Credit Policy etc.) prior to disbursement.
- Approve accurately amended credit static data in the system as shall be required by business from time to time. i.e., Interest rates, tenors, credit risk grades, sectors etc.
- Carry out the loan pay off and pre-pay process in line with business requirement.
- Approve system write off of all bad loans in line with the credit policy as availed by the Special Assets Management team.
- Issue lease invoices to customers as per the agreed frequency.
- Authenticate customer information and Identify errors and make the necessary corrections in a timely manner.
- Attend to all credit related queries in a timely manner and provide an update to the stakeholders in line with the departmental Service Level Agreement with the business.
- Escalation of risk incidents to the respective stakeholders.
- Participate in the implementation of process improvements.
- Participate and contribute towards projects that are steered to improve data integrity and automation e.g., data clean up, loan origination system, etc.
- Prevent income leakages, pricing inconsistencies, fraud, and operational losses.
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank Lending Officer- Data Approver job placement must hold a University Bachelor’s degree.
- At least four years of banking experience in Banking Operations, one of which should be in Credit Operations aspects.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, quality, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of Bank procedures, Operating guidelines, Policies and Regulatory AML/ KYC requirements.
- The ability to engage with all the key stakeholders in the organisation.
- In depth understanding of the features and operations of all bank’s products.
- Experience in Credit operations process redesign and implementation.
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communication and independent judgement skills.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritise work.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below:
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.