Job Title: 2 Application Testers – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Manager- Applications Development, the role holder will be responsible for system Integration checks and delivery of stable and secure software applications without vulnerabilities and in compliance with the Bank’s IT Application Standards.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Formulate a comprehensive checklist for support that will be required before commencing system review for the various integration points.
- Analyze the fully integrated application to identify vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate remedies.
- Perform checks at integration points in alignment to system design and architecture.
- Optimize the system based on the results of the integration review to enhance performance and stability.
- Present findings in a report and obtain sign off.
- Based on the checks performed, highlight components of the architecture that need to be refined or updated in the specification documents.
- Reconcile those developments or integrations have been done in compliance with the Banks IT Policies.
- Validate that the Audit logs and other security aspects of the system have been developed to the expected standards of the Bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or similar field required. Banking experience is added advantage.
- Experience in the SDLC as Tester or Test Lead.
- At least 2 years of active IT or Systems Testing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies of software lifecycle.
- Manual and Automation of testing and development experience.
- Knowledge about software testing practices and methodologies.
- Experience in Data migration testing, System testing, functional testing, supporting UAT testing, turning data into information.
- Knowledge of Defining, Developing the testable requirements from technical specification, identifying interdependencies, and maintaining test scripts.
- Experience in recording and tracking defects through tracking tools.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, FinTech, and product development trends.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry in Uganda.
- Strong understanding and experience in digital banking services.
- Experience leading cross functional and technical teams.
- Experience with running test & learn methodologies, such as Multi-variant testing.
- Excellent communications and engagement skills.
- Strong attention to detail and personal effectiveness.
- Strong skills at relationship building.
- Self-drive and initiative.
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
- Energy and enthusiasm; must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below:
Closing Date: Monday 29th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.