Job Title: 2 Applications Administrators – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Applications and Implementations Manager
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Applications and Implementations Manager, the Applications Administrator will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and automating systems administration tasks and author policies and procedures that support maximum uptime operation of all system applications and among others, ensure proper Disaster Recovery, planning, research, and development. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the system environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
Applications support and Implementations
- Accountable for digital payments and back-office applications and work with internal and external parties, including Vendors, payment schemes and Fintechs.
- Responsible for applications performance monitoring and reporting to management; proactively engage internal stakeholders and external parties for the best business performance.
- Proactively identify, resolve any new solutions or issues reported by the customers on any of the Bank’s applications.
- Ensure Business Applications High Availability and Continuity/DR setup.
- Ensure effective technical BAU support for core Business applications.
- Provide requisite technical advisory & support for deployment and management of the corporate business systems.
- Ensure security of business data within systems.
- Ensure strict change control measures in any customizations.
- Solving complex analytical Business Application challenges.
- Provide expert application support to core Business applications.
- Enforce efficient and secured operation of all Business applications.
- Participate in delivery of core applications training.
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other numerical biased field from a reputable university or college.
- Certifications in Digital Money/Finance (DFI), OCA, CCNA, ITIL, MCSA, MCSE would be an added advantage.
- Three to five years of working experience preferably with a financial institution in Digital channels management, instant digital payments, data analytics and database administration.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019, Unix and IBM digital payments and channels, data analytics and database administration.
- Knowledge in virtualization and cloud computing, VMWare, Hyper V and MS Azure.
- Knowledge in project management and Agile framework is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in various Applications; E-banking, ATM switch, Agency banking, e- Commerce, Visa, ACH, AML and many other bank systems.
- Knowledge of database management systems MSSQL 2014 and later, Postgres, DB2, Oracle 19c.
- Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer hardware and software programs of diverse functionality including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administration programs.
- Significant experience in supporting databases (preferably Oracle, PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL).
- Application development skills in net, python, JAVA, C++, and others.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
- Maintain a positive attitude under stressful conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Advanced hands-on systems Computing skills.
- Analytical Thinking & Complex Problem solving.
- Planning and Organization.
- Achievement Orientation – Set and meet aggressive commitments for self and others.
- Strategic Perspective – Establish priorities, challenging goals, and measurements consistent with these goals and organizational vision.
- Critical Judgement and Decision-Making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles.
- Good Communicator – Presents ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Inspire Commitment –Actions and behaviours are consistent with words.
- Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization. Drives own personal development plan.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below:
Closing Date: Monday 6th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.