Job Title: 100 Data Clerk (Data Entry Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Employer: University Research Company (URC)
Location: Jinja, Uganda
Job Type: Full-time
Data Entry Jobs In Uganda 2017: URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.
Working under the Health Unit In-Charge, the Data Clerk will work closely with the facility medical record’s officers to ensure that patient records are captured accurately and HMIS reports are compiled and submitted in the DHIS2 and RHITES-EC Monitoring, Evaluation ad Learning team on time.
- Work closely with the facility records officers, and where necessary, health sub-district records officers and district HMIS focal persons and Biostatisticians to quantify the tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility
- Engage with the records’ officers to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented
- Ensure that data on additional indicators outside of the DHIS2 reporting system are collected in time and submitted to the cluster M&E Officers
- Work closely with the facility records officers to mentor and coach other health workers on appropriate use of HMIS data collection tools for data capture
- Manage the HIV care data: ensure proper filing and file retrieval during patient care and updated patient records in Uganda_EMR (OpenMRS)
- Ensure that HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda_EMR (Open MRS) on time
- Work with the health facility records officer to prepare HMIS reports and submit them in DHIS2 in time
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly supplementary data not reported in DHIS2 and submit it to the RHITES-EC Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning unit on time
- Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times
- Ensure that the entered data are backed up regularly and the data are well protected
- Ensure safety of all equipment in the data rooms
- Perform basic data analysis on data from HMIS data to inform RHITES-EC cluster based teams on the progress. of interventions at the supported facility
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisors
- A Diploma in records management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Computer Science, Social Science or Development Studies will be of added advantage
- At least one year’s experience in data management or demonstrated relevant experience acquired through internship placement
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Excel desired
- Working knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS) desired
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Please do not submit applications through the website. Use the provided avenues below.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday 31st March, 2017 at 12:00 pm addressed to:
Human Resource Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot 10 Kiira Lane, Mpumudde Division, UGANDA
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 31st March, 2017 at 12:00 pm