Job Title: Diploma Supply Chain Assistant – Danish Refugee Council Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Job Location: Kitgum, Uganda
Danish Refugee Council Profile:
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations.
Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world. Through convoy operations, DRC was responsible for delivering half of the international humanitarian aid in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the wars of independence in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s.
Today the Danish Refugee Council works in more than 40 countries around the world, with humanitarian programs in conflict zones such as Somalia in the Horn of Africa, Afghanistan in Central Asia, Iraq in the Middle East and Chechnya in the Caucasus.
The Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement main objective is to provide administrative and/or technical logistics and procurement support, ensuring efficient and effective procurement implementation and smooth running of procurement operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook and Quality Standards contained within.
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education – Administrative support
- Occupational Groups:
- Supply Chain
- Administrative support
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Raise payment requests for processing and tack all payments requested in the Payment Tracker sheet of the PRTT to be circulated weekly to Finance and Head of Support Services.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Check that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
- Perform the physical asset check
- Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation.
- Maintaining good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Monitor the supply market trends for updated information such as changes in market price, new products, and additional suppliers.
- Ensure any new suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and updated on the Country supplier database, capturing comments on performance and contracts issued.
- Ensure feedback from Program colleagues with respect to contractor performance is captured on the DRC vendor master database and is uploaded onto the DRC Uganda cloud based SharePoint archive system.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
- Assist with Fleet Management tasks as needed
- Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
- Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis”
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics Management.
- CIPS certification is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English is required
- Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage
How To Apply for Danish Refugee Council Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Only applications submitted through the online application form below will be accepted.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Deadline: 15th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.