Job Title: 2 Dairy Inspectors – Dairy Development Authority Jobs 2022
Organization: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Duty Station: DDA Regional Office
Reports to: Senior Dairy Inspector
Dairy Development Authority (DDA) Profile:
Dairy Development Authority (DDA) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. Its mandate is to develop and regulate the sector. It is established under the Dairy Industry Act, 1998 and its objectives are to provide proper coordination and efficient implementation of all Government policies that are designed to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency in the production of milk in Uganda by promoting production and competition in the dairy industry and monitoring the market for milk and dairy products.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-registration and /or regular impromptu inspections to ensure that collectors, transporters, traders, processors, exporters and importers of milk and dairy products conform to set standards and get registered.
- Conduct trainings that are aimed at increasing compliance to milk processing, value addition and marketing.
- Generate statistical data and information for development of database on compliance and standards improvement strategies and policy development.
- Carry out market surveillance to ensure that milk and milk products that are availed to consumers meet set dairy quality standards.
- Support relevant actors in the region to enhance compliance to set dairy standards and regulations.
- Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on milk quality and safety interventions in the region.
- Enforce dairy regulations to safe guard the public health and safety of the consumers.
- Conduct consumer education and sensitization programs focusing on quality and safety.
- Any other duties assigned to by your supervisor.
- Honors Degree in Dairy Science & Technology or Honors Degree in Food Science and Technology or any relevant Honors degree from a recognized university.
- Post Graduate Qualification in a relevant field is added advantage.
- At least 2 – years of relevant working experience.
How To Apply for Dairy Development Authority Jobs 2022
Interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit handwritten applications, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of certified academic credentials and three referees to the address below.
Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala
P.O. Box 34006, Kampala
Tel: 0414-343883 / 0414-343901/2
Email: [email protected]
For detailed Job Descriptions for the jobs, please visit our website on: www.dda.go.ug
Closing Date: 29th April 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.