Job Title: Project Officer (Grants) – CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-profit organization whose commitment is to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas set out by the Bishops of the United States. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Global Evergreening Alliance (GEA), of which CRS is a member, has secured a 5 year, $ 160m investment for Restore Africa Program which covers 6 Eastern and Southern Africa Countries. In Uganda, the program will be implemented by CRS (as the lead implementing organization), CARE, World Vision, ICRAF, ECOTRUST and Uganda Landcare Network with a goal of restoring 560,000ha of degraded landscapes in the West Afromontane, Mt. Elgon and part of Karamoja. The program will pursue a small holder farmer led approach to restoration supporting profitable agroforestry systems that support profitability and productivity of farms.
You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting the Restore Africa financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services throughout the project life cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide feedback/input on grant management procedures to ensure they are designed so that subrecipients are able to manage their grants efficiently and transparently in compliance with donor financial regulations.
- Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for Restore Africa project subrecipients and partners following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned project accounts in SunSystems financial accounting package.
- Co-ordinate the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management.
- Review sub recipients’ budget and, prepare agreements, modifications and conduct routine compliance reviews.
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Monitor subrecipient compliance with the grant rules and regulations and the requirements of their subrecipient agreements through monitoring visits, and other mechanisms applicable to subrecipient monitoring. Recommend actions necessary to resolve issues/concerns.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant project staff of due payments/liquidations, and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
- Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist Restore Africa staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
- Works with finance team and program staff to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk assessments, donor financial compliance, and reporting management processes.
- Provide information to project staff, subrecipients, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities to ensure full compliance with donor requirements. Periodic review of subrecipient internal controls and policies and provide advice on strengthening and best practices and transaction verification through monitoring reports and transaction analysis.
- Perform assigned treasury Restore Africa (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, as long as segregation of duties is ensured.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- At least two years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations preferred.
- Past experience in formulating and implementing finance policies and procedures that strengthen subrecipient internal controls.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified candidates should please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
- Email a cover letter and CV only to [email protected]
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy, paste – PROJECTOFFICERGRANTS only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Deadline: 12th July 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.