Job Title: No Experience Annual Survey Enumerators – CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: MEAL Manager (Survey Team Lead)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS seeks to recruit 20 experienced annual survey enumerators. The enumerators’ responsibilities will be on a need-for-work basis and is not going to be a full-time job. The enumerators will work under the supervision of Nuyok MEAL Manager and will be responsible for administering questionnaires to Nuyok participants (beneficiaries) in rural communities of Abim, Napak, Nakapiripirit and Nabilatuk districts as well as entering responses into CommCare Mobile Application, providing important feedback on key issues of concern as they emerge during survey testing and data collection. Enumerators will participate in a training related to the tool before administering the survey in targeted households. The enumerators will be primarily responsible for collecting data for the Nuyok participant based annual survey at household level. The enumerators will be responsible to gather and accurately record responses in the questionnaire uploaded in CommCare mobile application. Ensure that data entered in the system is accurate and complete. Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from the field during the survey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Pre-data Enumerators duties:
- Participate in the training workshop for the survey questionnaire to understand the requirements and contents.
- Participate in training workshop and orientation of the use of the CommCare based questionnaire.
- Participate in a questionnaire pretest and trial-run of the data processing and reporting.
Data Enumerators duties:
- Conduct face to face interviews with selected respondents using the survey questionnaire.
- Enter responses to the CommCare application using data collection tablets.
- Ensure daily uploads of survey data into the server.
- Report key issues of concern during data collection and hand over to the team lead at end of each day.
- Exercise high level of security measures to avoid data loss and theft of devices.
Post-Data Collection duties:
- Return all data collection gadgets and materials to survey supervisor.
- Answer any questions from the supervisor regarding the data uploaded.
- Maintain confidentiality of all the information under your access.
- Participate in any post survey learning event Nuyok may organize.
- Honesty: Enumerators should be able to show a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent Nuyok.
- Ability to Communicate: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Building: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Karamoja.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent’s meaning.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for full day working hours in the field for several days.
Minimum Qualifications for CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- Previous experience conducting data collection using mobile devices is a must.
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively
- Must be available for the entire period.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player.
- Willingness to work long hours to achieve set goals.
- MUST be fluent in the local languages Lebtur, Nga’karimojong.
- Working English language proficiency.
- Experience with development programming, preferably in one or more of the following sectors: agro-enterprise and agriculture; DRR and resilience; irrigation and natural resource management including farmer producer group (FPG) participants; livestock and fisheries; nutrition-related SBCC activities; savings and internal lending communities (SILC); and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
- Knowledge of CommCare Application is an added advantage but not a requirement.
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates please email a cover letter and CV only to [email protected]
In the subject line of the email, copy and paste ANNUALSURVEYENUMERATOR. All applications must contain this subject line.
Deadline: 16th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.