Job Title: Driver – CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Driver will safely operate vehicles, observing the Ugandan Traffic laws and organization’s policies on driving at all times, to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming. You will ensure the safety and security of all passengers, pedestrians, other drivers and the vehicles in town and on field missions. Your consistent and high-quality service will contribute to the proper stewardship of resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take actions as instructed to maintain allocated vehicles clean inside and out, in sound mechanical and operational condition, fueled and equipped with First Aid Kits, spare parts and tools, and secured at all times. Signal actual or potential faults/breakdowns and/or threats.
- Transport CRS staff and visitors as instructed, observing local traffic and road safety laws and all CRS vehicle policies to ensure safety of passengers and luggage, and quality and courteous services.
- Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fueling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts and tools, schedules, packing).
Catholic Relief Services Results.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all assigned vehicles. Maintain and submit accurate records for all trips and fuel purchases.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles licenses, insurances, and other required documents and promptly advise when renewals are due.
- Deliver and pick up equipment, materials, documents, and mail including loading/unloading CRS vehicles, as required.
Minimum Qualifications for CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate should have an ‘O’ Level Certificate
- At least three years driving and mechanical experience
- Valid accident-free driving license Class A, B, CM, and DL
- Understanding of the geographical area of assignment
- Flexibility to travel under difficult circumstances
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2021
All Interested candidates Email a cover letter and CV only to [email protected]
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – DRIVER only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Deadline: 20th September 2021 at 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.