Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: IT/Administrative Assistant – Computer Science Uganda Jobs
Organization: Brain Media Solutions (BMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Manager
About BRAIN MEDIA SOLUTIONS:
BRAIN MEDIA SOLUTIONS (BMS) is an Information Technology (IT) company incorporated and registered in Uganda under the company’s act 2012.We are meant to provide IT and General Business Consultation services. We aim at recruiting and training IT staff to carry out professional services in the modern world of technology. At Brain media solutions, we are committed to meeting all our customer Technological needs through our well trained products and customer service.
Computer Science Uganda Jobs: Brain Media Solutions Provides quality services Depending on the size and field of your organization, we have different products and services to meet your business requirements and We provide the optimum and customized solutions made for your organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
• Resolve or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues on request to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Officer, IT Manager, management) as necessary.
• Liaise with various in country Internet Service Providers (ISP) for the purpose of improving the system and resolving any breakdown in internet services.
• Ensure that antivirus programs on each machine are updated regularly.
• Work with Helpdesk to create email addresses, update mailing lists, and keep proper tracking of email addresses.
Maintenance, Repair and Security
• Perform preventative maintenance on all BMS computers and network resources.
• Ensure that server backup is done on regular basis and that staff are reminded to do back up before their computers are sent out for repairs. Ensure data security backups and protection of the LAN against data corruption.
• Work with the IT Officer to update and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, Network and Server system access, email creation systems, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
• Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
• Provide technical input and support to the BMS office Local Area Network. Ensure proper record keeping of breakdowns, problems and maintenance carried out.
Training, Evaluation and Testing
• Provide regular user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users which include training BMS staff and guests on the safe handling and general operation of computers and accessories and ensure that all BMS staff are in compliance with IT policies and procedures.
• Training of organizational applications and roll-outs.
• Research and suggest new technology as required.
IT Asset Management
• Keep an up-to-date ICT asset register by performing monthly asset verifications for all IT assets in the BMS office including Software’s.
• Create and maintain BMS computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
Policies & Protocols
• Implement available plans for repair of dysfunctional laptops, desktop computers, photocopiers, printers, etc.
• Implement appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all BMS computer related equipment.
• Any other IT related tasks assigned by the IT Officer to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the Brain Media Solutions (BMS) IT Assistant job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent technical work experience.CCNA course is an added advantage.
• Social media marketing skills required.
• Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
•Computer skills required.
• Outlook experience required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Customer/Client service experience
• Able to work independently within a team environment.
• Strong sense of personal integrity.
• Attention to detail.
• Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
• Must be residing around kampala.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their letters of interest to;
Brain Media Solutions Office located at Plot 30 Hamu Road Kiswa-Bugolobi,
You can send your application via email at [email protected] addressed to;
The Human Resource Manager Brain Media Solutions,
P. O. Box 7124 Kampala-Uganda.
Application deadline: 10th May 2019