Communications Assistant – WFP Uganda
September 28, 2022
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Organization: World Food Programme
Duty Station: Kampala
To design visibility and campaign content. The role also supports internal communications, in line with the agreed CAM strategy.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide coordination, administrative and specialized services, to support staff in the development, preparation and execution of communications campaigns for target audiences.
- In line with the Country Office CAM strategy, support the Editorial team and Requesting Units to develop and design infographics, publications, presentations, social media content, and any other communication materials required for key external audiences (donors, government, etc.) and events.
- Guide the requesting Units throughout the process, from concept development to delivery of end, high-quality products.
- Act as brand guardian and continuously train and advise Country Office teams on proper branding and visibility, ensuring all WFP premises and activities are appropriately branded in a manner that effectively communicates WFP’s work and values, whilst also meeting any donor requirements.
- Advise teams on internal communications, delivering priority products and campaigns as agreed by the Country Office management and supporting lower priority needs by designing templates that staff can then use for their own internal communication purposes.
- Support teams, including the wider Editorial team, in the conceptualization, branding, organization, and administration of events
- Lead on vendor management for branding and communications products and events, ensuring an up-to-date, high-quality and cost-effective roster of vendors across the range of branding and communication services required by the Country Office
- Manage and further develop internal records, photobanks, story banks and product databases, ensuring information and communications products are accurate, organized, and easily available for others to access.
- Any other roles as may be necessary for the smooth running of WFP communications and campaigns.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Arts, Marketing or in any academic field from a recognized Academic Institution
- A t least two years of professional work experience in a relevant role.
- Good understanding of WFP communication techniques and activities
- Proficient in using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Quark Xpress software on Mac hardware.
- Understanding of impactful branding and visibility, with experience branding and producing content for humanitarian and/or international development campaigns.
- Understanding and experience working on internal communications and campaigns, and enabling staff to deliver this independently
- Experience developing and implementing branding strategies
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
Interested candidates should submit their applications using the links below:
Closing Date: 7th October 2022, 5.00 pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.