Job Title: Junior Developer – Cobblestone Energy Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Cobblestone Energy
Duty Station: Remote Contractor
Cobblestone Energy Profile:
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
Over the years we have grown organically. As part of our journey to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome a Data Engineer into our team. They will already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence.
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful developers who are passionate about building exceptionally reliable and performance data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing and improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
What we offer in this role
- Competitive remuneration, with fast progression for strong performers.
- A challenging but exciting, open, and fun work environment.
- An opportunity to work with remarkably talented colleagues.
- Vast growth potential in every aspect.
- 15% target bonus with further upside.
- Employee share scheme participation
- International relocation support
- Opportunity to be embedded within a commercial team for those with strong commercial interest
Roles and responsibilities:
- Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes.
- Analyse programs and apps to improve their features and functionalities.
- Test & debug programs and fix any reported bugs.
- Collaborate with the tech team to improve the performance, efficiency, and scalability of our tools.
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Programming experience of 1 to 2 years in Python language.
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask …).
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS, …etc.
- Knowledge of APIs and webservices.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server …) and SQL language.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus / Knowledge of data visualization tools, mainly Tableau, is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinkers with growth mindset.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our company values.
How To Apply for Cobblestone Energy Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.