Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Legal Department Assistant – CNOOC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: CNOOC Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda however can be mobilized to Lake Albert area, other construction sites or other cities as required.
CNOOC Uganda Limited Profile:
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Provides full scope Administrative and Secretarial support to the Department Manager and staff.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Prepares drafts and final written business correspondence such as letters, memoranda, meeting minutes, Power Point presentations tables and charts using computer graphics, spreadsheets and word processing.
• Transmits inquiries and confirming Ietters /documents/agreements to internal and external key stakeholders via. Fax, mail and courier etc.
• Coordinates reporting and “submission of documents to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulatory and contractual requirements.
• Maintains confidentiality of personnel issues and all data of confidential nature.
• Maintains Department filing and archiving system, including court files, department files, land agreements, purchase orders, contracts, contractor reports and other Legal documents. Periodic review, archive and purge of old files as per the established procedure.
• Assist with filing company and other documents, tracking licenses and permits and processing renewals of licenses and permits from time to time.
• Generates Department weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Reports and in/Out Reports, prepares charts and reports on a monthly, quarterly and annually basis.
• Coordinates meeting and travel arrangements, including field visits in liaison with Administration and Support Department.
• Supports procurement processes and maintains stationery and office supplies inventory and equipment maintenance.
• Assist with compiling land agreements and/or disclosure documents, reports for submission in accordance with internal and external procedures.
• Assist with land acquisition and compensation related activities in the project area such as maintaining an updated grievances log, tracking compensation payments and livelihood restoration activities.
• Performs other duties as required by Department Manager as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, Land Economics or equivalent.
• At least 3—years related working experience in a busy multicultural organization.
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of executive meetings and scheduling travel arrangements.
• Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Basic understanding of oil and gas contracts and Ugandan law.
• Basic understanding of land law and land acquisition process.
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter merged into one PDF to [email protected].
Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the SUBJECT HEAD of the email. Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications, nationality, 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 11th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.