Job Title: Listing and Mapping (Supervisor) – CIP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Potato Center (CIP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Potato Center (CIP) Profile
The International Potato Center (CIP) was founded in 1971 as a research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato and andean roots and tubers. It delivers innovative science-based solutions to enhance access to affordable nutritious food, foster inclusive sustainable business and employment growth, and drive the climate resilience of root and tuber agri-food systems. Headquartered in Lima, Peru, CIP has a research presence in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
CIP is a CGIAR research center, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector. www.cgiar.org
The International Potato Center is planning a field experimental study to assess demand for improved sweet potato varieties. The study will target sweet potato farm households in Katakwi district, Eastern Region of Uganda. This study specifically aims at establishing the demand for quality vines of new and pathogen-free varieties of sweet potato among smallholder farmers. Thus, the consultant will supervise a team of enumerators collecting data in an auction setting from farmers using tablets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise a team of enumerators collecting data from auction participants in Katakwi district
- Auction study dataset collected using tablets approved by the Research Coordinator
- A field report detailing key observations, challenges encountered and how resolved, and opportunities seized to enhance the efficiency of the survey.
- Consultancy contract will be for 25 days.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Agriculture, agribusiness management, economics, statistics, and other related fields
- Data collection supervision, team leadership, organizing transport logistics
- 3 years or higher; working with CGIAR in similar role
- Household data collection skills, soft/interpersonal skills, team leadership
- Should have working knowledge/experience working in Teso-subregion
How To Apply for CIP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug