Job Title: Communications & Advocacy Officer – Child’s i Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Child’s i Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Human Resources Governance and Operations
Child’s i Foundation Profile:
Child’s I Foundation works with governments and national partners to highlight the harm and cost of orphanages in Uganda and globally. We are helping to reimagine the whole child protection and care system, repurpose orphanages as community and educational facilities, reintegrate children home and rebuild services at the heart of communities. These initiatives seek to strengthen families and ensure children are protected, healthy and educated. Our programs address the root causes of poverty, strengthen communities to prevent family separation and ultimately reduce the institutionalization of children in Uganda.
The Communications & Advocacy Officer will support the planning and implementation of the Foundation’s communications, advocacy, media and digital media strategies that continually raise the Foundation’s public profile, visibility, and innovation in Alternative Care aligned with the Foundation’s mission, vision and strategic plan.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the media engagement strategy. Takes the lead in organising media outreach; arranges all media contacts, appearances, press briefings and interviews.
- Contribute to the development of graphics, images and videos for communications, advocacy and fundraising purposes.
- Develop communications and advocacy material and support the coordination and production of a diverse range of information products which highlight Child’s i work.
Advocacy-Outreach & Influence
- Support the development, review and implementation of Child’s i advocacy strategy.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders so as to create a movement to maximise the impact of Child’s i strategic objectives.
- Liaise with programmes teams for effective implementation of advocacy related activities.
- Offer technical support in the organisation’s events planning and management
Reporting & Evaluation
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the impact of communications activities.
- Provide bi-monthly updates to the Advocacy Manager for the monthly key performance indicator monitoring and contribute to the Child’s i annual report.
- Regularly update Workplace and encourage other staff to share exciting stories.
- Communicate progress and any exciting news on a regular basis with pictures and updates on children and other Child’s i progress.
- The ideal applicant must hold a University Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or other relative fields (undergraduate)
- At least two years of previous experience in a Journalism or Advocacy position.
- In-depth understanding of the Uganda political and social context and familiarity with key stakeholders in the CCI sector.
- Ability to grasp complex information and accurately translate these into briefings and other forms of advocacy communication.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively engaging with government
- Experience writing press releases
- Previous experience with Ugandan media and civil society
- Demonstrable experience of effectively mobilizing and working with civil society networks and organizations to generate momentum on a common agenda
- Demonstrable advocacy/stakeholder management experience
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills
- Proven ability in fostering relations with stakeholders
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload and to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, and WordPress
- Ability to develop and implement advocacy strategies
- Ability to support local, national and international advocacy initiatives of others.
- Outgoing and proactive personality
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
- Interest in Alternative Care and Child Protection
- Ability to motivate/inspire others with ideas
- Innovative, energetic, solution-orientated approach to work
How To Apply for Child’s i Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested candidates Send your updated application letter and CV ONLY to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Child’s i Foundation is committed to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults from sexual exploitation and other forms of abuse. Rigorous background and reference checks will be conducted in the course of the selection process.
Closing Date: 31st March 2022 at 17:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.