Job Title: 3 Drivers – ChildFund Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Child Fund International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Driver
ChildFund International Profile
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities. ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the well-being of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Checks the vehicle to ensure no mechanical fault before driving.
- Drives ChildFund vehicles with due care and safety, taking into account prevailing weather and road conditions to avoid accidents.
- Transports ChildFund Country Office field staff to project areas.
- Ensures that punctuality and courtesy are always maintained.
- Reports faults and accidents immediately.
- Ensures that the driver’s seatbelt and those of the passengers are fastened before starting to drive.
- Strictly drives the vehicles to approved destinations.
- Ensures that the vehicle keys are always under safe custody to avoid duplication and theft.
- Ensures that the vehicle has a valid license, insurance sticks, perfect tyres and that they are serviced timely.
- Arranges vehicle for repairs and maintenance and undertakes all minor repairs and mechanical faults on the vehicle.
- Identifies and reports all major mechanical faults identified on the vehicle.
- Ensures that the vehicle is always kept clean in order to uphold the image of ChildFund and for the convenience of the users.
- Conducts daily inspection of the assigned vehicle and reports to supervisor.
- Supervises cleaning and repairs of vehicles at the washing bay and at the garage. Obeys traffic laws, regulations and also ChildFund policies and procedures.
- Observes speed limits at all times while driving.
- Ensures that the logbook is always filled and it is in the car.
- Respects and adheres to the policy implemented by ChildFund on the usage of ChildFund vehicles.
- Provides administrative support in filing, photocopying, binding documents, faxing, scanning etc
- Capable of undertaking basic vehicle repairs such as changing tyre, oil, greasing, fluids, battery and lubricants, wipers, lights, etc.
- Performs the driving duties in accordance with ChildFund rules and regulations. Helps with loading and offloading of goods or luggage on to the vehicle.
- Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- The Driver should at least hold an “O” Level (U.C.E) Certificate of Education with a clean valid driving license for classes B, C,D, E.
- A Certificate in defensive driving, customer care and Public Relations is an added advantage.
- At least five years of experience in a busy office especially in the NGO set up.
- Must be computer literate or be able to work with basic computer packages such as MS word, Excel, power point and internet.
- Be fluent in English Language, written and oral.
- Cautious with defensive driving skills.
- Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity.
- A good team player.
- Ready to work for long hours.
- Adherence to CHILDFUND’s values
How To Apply for ChildFund Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.