Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Driver – Catholic Relief Services Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services Uganda
Duty Station: Moroto District
Catholic Relief Services Uganda Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Take actions as instructed to maintain allocated vehicles clean inside and out, in sound mechanical and operational condition, fueled and equipped with First Aid Kits, spare parts and tools, and secured at all times. Signal actual or potential faults/breakdowns and/or threats.
• Transport CRS staff and visitors as instructed, observing local traffic and road safety laws and all CRS vehicle policies to ensure safety of passengers and luggage, and quality and courteous services.
• Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions.
• Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fueling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts and tools, schedules, packing).
• Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all assigned vehicles. Maintain and submit accurate records for all trips and fuel purchases.
• Routinely check all assigned vehicles licenses, insurances, and other required documents and promptly advise when renewals are due.
• Deliver and pick up equipment, materials, documents, and mail including loading/unloading CRS vehicles, as required.
• ‘O’ Level Certificate
• Minimum of 3 years driving and mechanical experience
• Valid accident-free driving license Class A, B, CM, and DM
• Understanding of the geographical area of assignment
• Flexibility to travel under difficult circumstances
• Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
• Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work in a team
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• English fluency, knowledge of the local language spoken in Tororo
• Must be able to travel out of duty station up to a tune of 70% of time
How To Apply for Catholic Relief Services Uganda Jobs 2020:
All Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience please submit their cover letter and CV only to [email protected]
Deadline: September 10th, 2020 at 5pm
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – DRIVER MOROTO only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.