Building Tomorrow Uganda Jobs 2022 – Inclusive Education Manager
August 21, 2022
Job Title: Inclusive Education Manager – Building Tomorrow Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Building Tomorrow
Duty Station: Uganda
Building Tomorrow Profile
Building Tomorrow, an international social-profit organization delivering literacy and numeracy to children in underserved areas in Uganda, invites experienced, creative, and values-driven individuals to apply to our Storyteller position in the Building Tomorrow Uganda office in Kampala.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow equips communities to support universal access to inclusive, quality education. Through a team of 150 Building Tomorrow Fellows and over 7,000 Community Education Volunteers, Building Tomorrow will deliver its Roots to Rise literacy and numeracy programming to nearly 130,000 learners in 2022 in response to a nearly two-year closure of schools in Uganda. Between offices in Uganda and the USA, Building Tomorrow has a full-time staff of nearly 175. Building Tomorrow has received funding and recognition for its innovative work from the Mastercard Foundation, Clinton Global Initiative, Educate A Child, Echoing Green, Big Bang Philanthropy, and Forbes Magazine.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Direction and Development (20%)
- Support the vision, ethos, inclusive education policies of Building Tomorrow that aim to foster welcoming schools, classrooms, homes for both children living with/ without disabilities;
- Lead the design and implementation of the inclusive education advocacy strategy for Building Tomorrow
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the inclusive education program, participate in continuous re-design of the approaches to support rural and underserved communities and schools.
2. Teacher Development and Learning (30%)
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring of training on inclusive education for effectiveness and results orientation.
3. Inclusive education leadership (20%)
- Keep yourself fully appraised and aware of educational and other appropriate developments, whether national or local, and assess their impact on inclusive education programming within Building Tomorrow and the greater team
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a team culture that enables all members of management to be effective informed on inclusive education programming within Building Tomorrow;
- Actively assess district-based networks for all opportunities towards leveraged school support. inclusive education officer shall ensure partnerships in all implementation districts.
4. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (30%).
- Coordinate local government, central government and donor sites visits, with relevant departments including Fellows, Education Support and Roots to Rise;
- Create and implement a monitoring, evaluation and learning framework for inclusive education programming in Building Tomorrow.
- Provide regular support supervision and coaching to Implementing staff and project partners.
Minimum Qualifications for Building Tomorrow Uganda Jobs 2022:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with training in special needs education or any related field;
- A minimum of 3-5 years working within the primary education sector and with experience supporting inclusive education initiatives;
- Knowledge and skills in Universal Design for Learning (UDL) driven techniques is desirable Lobbying, networking and communication skills and experiences.
- Experience in developing inclusive education materials and deliver trainings.
- Excellent communication skills with good command both written and spoken
- Professional demeanor and willingness to engage with partners through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Keen ability to identify goals, create clear plans to deliver results, and maintain strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and TaroWorks, proficiency with Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to travel frequently by bus and boda to rural schools and venues outside Kampala
WE WANT YOU TO APPLY IF…
- Have an unshakeable passion for education equality, believing access to an inclusive, quality education is a basic human right;
- Possess creative ingenuity, being progressive in your thinking and approaching challenges old and new. You are intrapreneurial and unafraid to pilot new ideas;
- Be relentlessly determined, refusing to accept the status quo, persistently striving to create new opportunities to reach more children, allowing them to reach their maximum potential;
- Believe in collaborative engagement. You believe more can be achieved together than alone, believe in the power of cultivating relationships and see everyone as an equal partner.
Successful applicants will be based at Building Tomorrow Head Quarters, with frequent travel to rural and hard to reach districts
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This Is a Manager Level position, the position holder will report to Director of Programs.
This call for applications will remain open, until the right candidate is found.
Building Tomorrow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
How To Apply for Building Tomorrow Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.