Job Title: No Experience Executive Assitant – British High Commission Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: British High Commission Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
British High Commission Uganda Profile:
The British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies. The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues. BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda.
The Executive Assistant is a role which provides direct support to the Defence Adviser and Assistant to the Defence Adviser on a daily basis. Responsible for the management and coordination of activities on behalf of the Defence Adviser. The Defence Sections lead personality on the management and coordination of Conflict Security and Stabilisation Fund (CSSF) programs delivered within the Defence Adviser’s area of responsibility. To assist in preparation for visiting training teams and oversee diplomatic clearance requests in the absence of the Assistant to the Defence Adviser.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- CSSF: Monitor and evaluate projects run by the Defence Adviser and funded by the CSSF. Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the Programme Management Board located in Nairobi. Liaise with the Assistant to the Defence Adviser to ensure programmes are on budget.
- Line Manager Responsibility: Responsible as the 1st RO for the effective management of the Defence Section Driver.
- Meetings: Plan, organize, book and confirm meetings, including related transport, feeding and accommodation requirements. Represent Defence Section at the regular cross-mission communications meetings.
- Visits: Responsible for organizing visitors and training teams within the Defence Section Area of Responsibility; to include transport, accommodation and meeting bookings.
- Hospitality: Reply to official and private invitations and maintain an effective log. Organize Official Entertainment in accordance with MOD Policy with direct responsibility for logistical and administrative requirements.
- Ceremonial events: Assist in the organization of ceremonial events.
- Diary Management: Ensuring the office diary, and contact list is kept current and in a logical order.
- Registry: Monitor and maintain the Defence Section Registry to ensure effective Information Management in all formats.
- Diplomatic Clearance: Submit and monitor diplomatic clearances for staff, aircraft visits and over flights in the absence of the Assistant to the Defence Adviser.
- Personnel support: Provide administrative support for Defence Section personnel.
- VTC Coordinator: Coordinate and administer VTC requirements.
- The ideal candidate for the British High Commission Executive Assistant job should have previous PA experience
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of finance, budgets and programme management
- Working knowledge of MS Office Packages
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Team player
Competencies: Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally
How To Apply for British High Commission Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 4th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.