Job Title: Project Officer, Education and Society
Organisation: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
British Council Uganda Jobs: The Project Officer, Education and Society will plan, promote, manage, deliver and evaluate events and project outputs, working with partners and stakeholders to meet the Council’s strategic objectives.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. British Council Uganda is based in Kampala and offers a full range of programmes including examinations, project management on behalf of other donors, and its own grant funded projects. British Council has operated in Uganda since 1952 and its aim is to build cultural and educational relations between Uganda and the UK.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers a range of administrative work within agreed corporate procedures, to maximise quality, continuity and efficiency.
- Maintains accurate records as they relate to the different project areas and drafts routine and some non-standard documentation, reports or financial analysis/reconciliations.
- Performs straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data, tasks or information, presenting findings/results accurately and appropriately to support effective maintenance of management information systems.
- Provides logistical support to the organisation and delivery of internal and external activities/events, to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently.
- Deliver high quality project activity and events, working with partners and stakeholders in order to meet global, regional and country plans.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Proactively communicates and liaises with others (inside and outside the BC) to ensure effective coordination and delivery of events, services and activities.
- Builds an understanding of who’s who within the wider department, unit or region to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise.
- Deliver projects in accordance to business need, ensuring compliance with all client and corporate standards.
- Deliver projects to agreement and proactively manage partners through positive communication to ensure that projects maintain positive, mutually beneficial relations.
Monitoring & Evaluation, Database Management
- Plan and implement questionnaire surveys, collate, analyse and report results.
- Maintain an accurate database of contacts engaged through projects.
- Prepare case studies that will be used as evaluation of long term outcomes.
- Ensure that project targets set out in all project plans are met
Marketing and Communications
- Deliver the agreed marketing and communications project outputs.
- Work with agencies to ensure that promotional and branded materials meet branding standards.
- Manage content of publications of various projects
- Receive and respond to enquiries from/to customers, and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of project or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly.
- Recognise and understand the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
Finance & resource management: Monitor and take responsibility for small-scale resources/cash/stock, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed.
Managing self & others
- Plan and prioritise own work activities, responding to changing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a daily/weekly time horizon.
- Task and coordinate others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the British Council Project Officer, Education and Society job placement should hold a Degree in a related discipline.
- Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Right to work in Uganda.
- A background security check is needed to work at the office premises. Criminal records, military service and/or child protection checks may be carried out.
- Project Management Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Financial Planning and Management Skills.
- Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the British Council in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent, proceed with the online application.
Deadline: 27th November 2018