Job Title: Administration Assistant – British Council Uganda Jobs
Organisation: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
British Council Uganda Jobs: The Administration Assistant will perform a variety of general administrative and clerical services. The Administration Assistant will be responsible for General Office Management. S/he ensures proper flow of office procedures, and carrying out common office duties. Maintains a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. British Council Uganda is based in Kampala and offers a full range of programmes including examinations, project management on behalf of other donors, and its own grant funded projects. British Council has operated in Uganda since 1952 and its aim is to build cultural and educational relations between Uganda and the UK.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Works cooperatively with all team members to support the achievement of work plan activities designed to achieve identified goals and objectives;
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Search and find contractors
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Coordinates any required repairs to office equipment;
- Maintains adequate office supply of all department supplies used within the department;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Administration Assistant must hold a BA/BSC in Commerce, Business Administration, Secretarial Studies or any other related field.
- Three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Must be able to work flexible hours;
- Highly Organised
- Strong Professional Impression
- Proven People Person
- Personal Competencies: Communication, teamwork, problem solving
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications not heavier than 2MBs to the email address: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31st May 2018 by 5pm