Job Title: Fresher Finance Assistant – Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Britam Insurance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Britam Insurance Uganda Profile
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has presence in seven countries in Africa namely; Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial solutions in Life Assurance, General Insurance, Health Insurance, Retirement Planning, Asset Management and Property. These solutions enable our customers to protect and grow their wealth and achieve their financial goals every step of the way.
This role will be responsible for conducting internal audits in line with the approved Internal Audit plan and as requested by board and management. The role has a dual reporting to Country CEO and Group Head of Internal Audit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and critically evaluate elements of governance and risk management in the service, design appropriate risk management and mitigation strategies for implementation.
- Assess whether the existing risk management strategy, policies, procedures and controls are sufficient, effective and appropriate for the business;
- Assess whether the risk management strategy, policies, procedures and controls, including internal controls, are being implemented and complied with;
- Assess whether the procedures and controls for monitoring and assessing the on-going capital and solvency requirements are effective and are being implemented;
- Assess the reliability, integrity and completeness of the accounting, financial reporting, management information and information technology systems;
- Review, periodically, the risk management function and the compliance function;
- Plan and execute internal audits in accordance with International standards on professional practice of internal audit and Internal Audit department’s audit methodology.
- Develop in consultation with Group Head of Internal Audit or the Internal Audit Manager, detailed audit programmes based on the documented procedures and best practice, for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk areas.
- Carry out detailed audit tests on all Company operations based on standard audit programmes in accordance with the approved Annual Audit Plan. This includes review of operations, highlighting areas of internal control weakness and making recommendations to improve efficiency. The jobholder may change the scope of the audit if actual circumstances in the field so demand.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determine, in consultation with the Group Head of Internal Audit or the Internal Audit Manager, internal audit scope for particular assignments.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit department management.
- Participating in key Company projects to ensure that procedures are followed and that there are adequate internal controls.
- Discuss with Group Head of Internal Audit or the Internal Audit Manager on the appropriate method in gathering audit evidence, depending on the actual circumstances encountered in the field in the course of the field work. The jobholder will constantly discuss the findings of the business so that only unresolved issues appear in the final report.
- Prepare detailed audit reports highlighting control weaknesses and recommendations for improvements.
- Properly document internal work performed and evidence obtained in the internal audit system (BarnOwl).
- Work with the Group Head of Internal Audit or the Internal Audit Manager in verifying compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key performance measures
- Execution of audit plan
- Rate of clearance of audit issues
- Quality of audit reports
- Timely reports
The Internal Auditor, Operations will be;
- Accountable to Country CEO and Group Head of Internal Audit.
- Work with other departments as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University.
- CPA or any other professionally recognized accounting qualification.
- Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA) an added advantage.
- Minimum Three (3) years relevant working experience, preferably from a reputable professional accounting firm or a financial services company (Operations or internal audit).
- Computer literate, especially in MS Office
- Forensics exposure is an added advantage
- Data Analytics is key
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
- High moral and ethical standing and is highly motivated.
How To Apply for Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 31st Mrach 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.